Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: ... in JBL Olympus Cabinets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner tomt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2003
    Posts
    5,483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    ... in JBL Olympus Cabinets


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: ... in JBL Olympus Cabinets

    Not no way no frigging how is that an A7....nice though.



    Yeah I know the components...which are used in a number of models besides A7.

    But calling those A7's is akin to calling a cheap family car a Mustang even though they share some common components.

    Nice one Tom.

    Here's another old and funky...

    http://cgi.ebay.com/RCA-LC9-A-RCA-Mi...d=p3286.c0.m14
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ... in JBL Olympus Cabinets

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    Not no way no frigging how is that an A7....nice though.



    Yeah I know the components...which are used in a number of models besides A7.

    But calling those A7's is akin to calling a cheap family car a Mustang even though they share some common components.
    If he actually removed the components from a pair of A7, I could see calling them A7's in JBL cabinets. I don't see it as being too awful a claim. What bugs me is random components stuck in an 828 called A7's..... especially with a high price attached.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    ... in JBL Olympus Cabinets


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: ... in JBL Olympus Cabinets

    I guess I just have a different definition,,,yes it's only a white lie but...an A7 is a specific model. And that ain't it.

    I wouldn't have any hassle with "A7 components" any more than I would a regular Ford being advertised as having a "Mustang engine"
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ... in JBL Olympus Cabinets

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    I guess I just have a different definition,,,yes it's only a white lie but...an A7 is a specific model. And that ain't it.
    I don't think he's trying to mislead anyone...... I think parts of his auction are just worded poorly. When he says that this is known as the A7, I don't think he's refering to his hybrid setup, I think he's referring to small VOTT.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member
    ... in JBL Olympus Cabinets


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: ... in JBL Olympus Cabinets

    Small Vot could also be an A8....

    problem is it's often the blind leading the blind...if the buyer doesn't know ant more than he does he can get in trouble....

    You are probably right that he doesn't intend to mislead....but it's still wrong info....and some noob somewhere will think it's true....
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.